Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Guage Binnacle

poolkeeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hey guys, Im wanting to install a guage binnacle in my 2006 VZ SS - with climate control (has the the popup storage bin compartment on top)
After searching here, and a few threads on the LS1 forums, it soon becomes confusing....

Im wanting to install aftermarket guages (not the standard HSV volts & oil pressure)
That being said, which guage binnacle should I purchase? I will be installing autometer AFR, and autometer oil pressure guages.

Thanks in advance

macca234

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS 6L
Mate i put one in my 06 vz ss with climate control and I'll tell you it's a definite pain in the ass. I used a genuine one but since there was climate control installed mounting it into the dash was **** house. From memory I ended up hacking the bottom of the bottom of the little stash compartment and using washers as spacers to get it to look half decent. Pretty sure I just used black silicone in the end to hold it all together.

As far as wiring it, well my gauges didn't come with a loom and my car didn't have anything to plug it in to anyway, so that was also a nightmare. After acquiring a wiring diagram for my dash I was able to splice everything in and get it all working. Also my oil pressure switch was ####ed so it read 0 as oil pressure all time. Turns out an oil pressure sender on a L76 is worth a shitload.

It does look pretty mean but