Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resonator touching gas tank heat shield

blakevzute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Hi, I bought a new exhaust and the resonator is up against the Heat shield and this gets quite warm when driving and its up against the gas tank. Will It be ok heat wise for example if I can still touch the heat shield? Thanks

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Did you have the system fitted by a shop or did you buy it and do a DIY. If done by a shop they need a boot up the ar*e for letting it leave their shop like that, and if its a DIY try loosening it all at the flanges and if theres enough movement you might be able to move it around so it clears. As well as touching the heat shield, it would have to be giving you the shits with the vibrations

blakevzute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
Did it myself, I can twist it but then it doesn't match up to the hangers. Havent noticed any vibrations

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
The REAR hangers are welded on bits of metal that you can move side to side have a look, use a large screw driver or similar to pry them into a suitable position.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
do you have dual outlets?

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
both my club sport an ss are like I described VT-VZ parts are very simalr to 100% same on some things I am not sure what they changed on the rear hanger in LWB models.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
on the sedan the hangers are mounted on 2 small sheets that are then mounted to the underbody.