Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

D

Don123

Hi. I was recommended "federal" tyres, I think it's called "Formoza". They're on special for $114.00 each, size 235/45/17. any thoughts please.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Federals are good, but if you're looking at the 595's they have a directional tread pattern and are a bit noisy. I had that size in the 595's and at 60kmph they howled, but any other speed they were fine. In the wet they were good, but I later put on some achillies atr sport and I felt safer driving in the wet and I didn't notice any noise from them. I don't think there was any difference in price.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Ive heard good things about NEXEN N`fera su1, they are in your price range too.

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
if you can stretch the budget go with Michelin pilot sport 3's they are a great tyre

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I bought some 18" Bridgestone RE002's from a Victorian ebay seller for $152 each delivered. I'd imagine they'd be selling them in 17's a bit cheaper and nearer your budget.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
should of got KU39 kumho, or the pilot sport 3z

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Pirelli are on a par with Michellin, as being the best brand to buy....Kumho come after that for the best

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Pirelli are on a par with Michellin, as being the best brand to buy....Kumho come after that for the best

Sorry but each tyre models varies. To say one tyre is better or on par with another brand is silly! Not having a go at you, just letting others know that they'll need to pay more attention to the tyre type itself than just the brand. Some Pirelli's are better than some Michelin's & vise versa, same as some Khumo's are better than some Pirelli's or Michelin's. This goes for nearly all brand of tyres.