Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transfering VZ SS UTE goodies, into a VZ Wagon

poolkeeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hey Guys, I have a modified 2006 VZ SS THUNDER UTE.
Im thinking of transfering the complete engine, auto, diff, coilovers from the ute, into a VZ Wagon.

Has anyone done this?

Will I need the wagon to be a V8 one? in terms of legalities etc, I will be selling the ute off with the wagon running gear.

Thanks in advance, Joseph

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Do it man. V8 Wagons rock.

Not sure in Sydney but in QLD and Pretty sure VIC you can put in any optional engine for that model, as long as you change the brakes,suspension etc (if they are different), then just go and get the engine details changed.

Although funnily enough I can't find a VZ Commodore wagon with a V8. There is a VZ V8 Berlina Wagon, And of course the sedans came with a V8, So i'm not 100% sure on this one.

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
I've got a 05 v6 VZ ute & toying with the idea of converting it to v8. Dunno if I feel like doing it, maybe should just buy an SS ute instead.

aussiesvz

Austin Button
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
I too have had the same idea with my SVZ and swapping the goods from a 6.0L ute but I'm yet to come across the right ute. Until then I'm leaving it undecided since I haven't much of an idea of a cost.
I've tried doing some research (I'm in VIC) and can't find much on whether or not we can actually do it. Nobody says we can't... so I'm going to assume we can.

I love the SVZ wagon and everyone loves a good 8, shame they didn't make more wagons with 8's.