Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra won't start

anneyuill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
HELP!! Went to start my V8 adventra this morning and it turns over then dies, I have a very low fuel warning beeping at me and then service vehicle soon, gauge also showing empty but I filled up last night so cant be fuel, the is also a small x on the climate control panel that I have never noticed before. I can hear the fuel pump when I try and start it. Any ideas??

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you or a family member are paid up with an Auto Club (RAA, RACV, RACQ, NRMA etc) call them and get the problem diagnosed. If not a member, it might even bee in your best interests to join (for future requirements - old Commodores can get a bit temperamental and cause problems). Good luck

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
HELP!! Went to start my V8 adventra this morning and it turns over then dies, I have a very low fuel warning beeping at me and then service vehicle soon, gauge also showing empty but I filled up last night so cant be fuel, the is also a small x on the climate control panel that I have never noticed before. I can hear the fuel pump when I try and start it. Any ideas??

How low was the fuel level when you filled up , may have sucked some debris up into the lines ,

anneyuill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Wasn't that low I think it was on the first red line but hadn't started to beep fuel warning

anneyuill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
where are you located

Hi, I'm on the Gold Coast, cars been at the mechanics most of the day and still there, computer showed a fault and he replaced that part and also got a new key coded but still won't start so still none the wiser

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Is it getting fuel pressure at the fuel rail? Next thing is spark

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
TPS Throttle Position Sensor effed

anneyuill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
TPS Throttle Position Sensor effed

Mechanic has said fault showed up as drive train (I think) replaced with a second hand one but still wouldn't start, he now thinks the wrong part was sent but haven't heard from him today so not sure what's happening with it!!!