Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VZ s Crewman Alloytec engine issues

CrewyloverVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
crewman
Hi there,
have had a second hand engine put in as other one buggered ( numbers all match).
It is missing on cylinder 5/injector 5 when he turns it off its like it wants to stall and says no petrol going to it. It backfires, its sluggish wasn't like this with the other engine only the rattle from the timming chain that's it..
The mechanic is absolutely stumped on what it could be. Injectors, coils, spark plugs, gasktets and couple of other things have been changed to see if it make a different but it doesn't. Could it be the computer. My last option is to take it to holden if no one knows/ has had this problem before and if I could be something simple. It flashes on the dash check powertrain to :(
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi there,
have had a second hand engine put in as other one buggered ( numbers all match).
It is missing on cylinder 5/injector 5 when he turns it off its like it wants to stall and says no petrol going to it. It backfires, its sluggish wasn't like this with the other engine only the rattle from the timming chain that's it..
The mechanic is absolutely stumped on what it could be. Injectors, coils, spark plugs, gasktets and couple of other things have been changed to see if it make a different but it doesn't. Could it be the computer. My last option is to take it to holden if no one knows/ has had this problem before and if I could be something simple. It flashes on the dash check powertrain to :(
Thanks in advance.

connect injector wire with number 4 injector wire