Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec Safety Mode

rogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 VZ Storm ute, alloytec v6 with an auto trans, its currently going into safety mode whenever i hit the accelerator.
I have a ebay obd2 bluetooth scanner and its not throwing any fault codes except for a u2100 which has something to do with can bus communication, the code comes and goes tho. the service vehicle soon light is also coming up. what could be causing this? i have tried replacing a o2 sensor which my scanner notified of being defective, cleaned the throttle body with carby cleaner as there was quite a bit of sludge in there, and cleaning the maf with dedicated maf cleaner.

thanks

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
9 times out of ten svs means replace oil pressure sensor, there are a few threads if u look around

rogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
thanks for the reply. i have read that, im pretty sure the sender is good tho cos if i unplug it with the car running then a check oil warning comes up.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
go with Hrd455, lots of threads on this and most replace the sensor and all is good

rogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
ok ill give it a try, thanks.

would this be causing the limp mode to be activated? i tried another scan tool today and there was no codes logged or pending.

LeviT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I have same issue, VZ Calais Ls1. In limp mode and no throttle. I thought it might be tps or pedal sensor. I noticed today that one of my ignition lead was badly damaged and it is arcing on the coil pack outlet. Could it be my damaged lead that puts it in limp. I guess it could be a range of issues. Pedal, tps, throttle body, loom, throttle body harness plug? Any advice or wisdom would be appreciated.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Step 1. Plug in a diagnostic tool and find out why the computer is in limp mode.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
having a scan tool .is easy these days. heaps on ebay . everybody should have one lol