Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used door card

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Executive 5.7 Gen3/VE2 Omega Wagon
Hi guys. The rear drivers side door card has had the speaker cover kicked in. I'm guessing you can't replace the cover because it's press moulded together?
What's the best way to go about it?
Find a used electric window version card or try and fix it?
Thanks in advance.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
You can replace the speaker cover, it does come off the door card.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
image.jpg1_zpsfzm7l8yq.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsa1hcgs4c.jpg

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi mate. I should do my research better because I just bought a new one off eBay. Is it hard to get the new one in?
Thanks in advance.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
No it's not hard but it can be fidley. You need to make sure you remove all the screws, disconnect the door handle mechanism and any power window loom. You pull the card off from the bottom, it is attached with push in clips then once they are all free, pull out from the bottom and lift up, removing the top section from the window frame.

EDIT from memory, there might only be one screw located behind a small round plastic cover in the door handle recess.

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
No it's not hard but it can be fidley. You need to make sure you remove all the screws, disconnect the door handle mechanism and any power window loom. You pull the card off from the bottom, it is attached with push in clips then once they are all free, pull out from the bottom and lift up, removing the top section from the window frame.

EDIT from memory, there might only be one screw located behind a small round plastic cover in the door handle recess.

Ok, cool. Thanks for that.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport

It's all held on by screws, no push in clips at all. 7 screws around the outside, 2 for the door handle (one to remove the handle, one for the plastic support behind the handle), and one behind the door lock.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
It's all held on by screws, no push in clips at all. 7 screws around the outside, 2 for the door handle (one to remove the handle, one for the plastic support behind the handle), and one behind the door lock.

Yep, my bad, right you are.

image.jpg1_zpscgd2xhkj.jpg

image.jpg2_zpspetidol2.jpg

Last edited: