Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ aux input options?

loccy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Calais
Howdy guys!

I just upgraded from my beyond saving VS to a 2004 VZ and need to know what I can to do in terms of ipod input. It only has a CD player and no aux input. I have tried FM transmitters but none of them work all too great (if at all).

Any ideas? :)

loccy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Calais
Also, I want to add that I did do some looking around before I posted this thread. But I stay away from DIY electrical and I need a cheap-ish option since I'm midway through uni and pretty much dirt poor right now

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Its easier just to bung a after market headunit in , then try make the factory one accept aux input (have to pull the radio apart and solder in some wires )

loccy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Calais
Its easier just to bung a after market headunit in , then try make the factory one accept aux input (have to pull the radio apart and solder in some wires )

Any suggestions on where to look?

I'm had a look at one selling via eBay and it seems a bit steep (Holden VY VZ Commodore GPS DVD SAT NAV Ipod Bluetooth Navigation Stereo Radio | eBay)

I've also been looking at jb-hifi (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-audio/head-units/) but have no idea which one to start looking at

loccy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Calais
I did this to my VY it cost $5, took 15minutes and works a treat.

GTO Hard Wire Tutorial

Thanks for the link :) I have seen that method though and I would prefer to keep away from doing any soldering/electrical myself. It hasn't worked well in the past and I'd rather not repeat it.

I think at the moment that I'm leaning towards the aftermarket head unit, but I just need to find the right one now.