Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine dies after first start

aszaheer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hi guys, lately my car (06 VZ 175kw) has started dying straight away after the first ignition attempt. usually does it once or twice a day on cold starts. First attempt engine cranks, starts, and dies. It starts and runs totally fine on the second attempt which is straight after.

The car has a faulty o2 sensor not sure if it is related. Has anyone faced this problem?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Sons car did exactly that, took to holdens (warranty on key, long story on hard lid mods to open with boot key) they put key in ign turned to on ( lights on dash) and operated the buttons, lock unlock etc and the key re-sync with car, no problems in the last 6 mths

Last edited:

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
^^^ Never heard of being able to resync the key but worth a try. I'd say key is on the way out and it's not deactivating the immobiliser. Make sure it's making good contact with the silver metal strip and is clean. Check to see if the little flashing lock symbol goes away next time it happens, means immobiliser is deactivated. Try spare key.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
FF I know it sounds funny/strange but there when it was done so that's all I can say, worth a try not going to cost anything so yeah

Bevan moyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
when you turn the key on to ignition give it a second for the fuel pump to work then it should fine mine does the same only if I crank straight away.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I was having the same problem with a reasonably new key and remote 7 months old, so took it back to Locksmith who fitted 2 new screws because he claimed it was not connecting correctly.

No problem since and it has been at least a month.