Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spoiler brake lights

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
Hi guys, done some searching and havnt found a definative answer to my question

Recently traded the vu in for a vz 8 and it had a roll/sport bar on it with a brake light, i did not like it so i removed it, pretty sure it was there from factory so im wondering how exactly i re-connect the 3rd brake light, ive found answers on how to remove the spoiler but am not sure thats neccesary , im thinking tht the electrical connecter is probably just unplugged,

Would it be a case of removing the head liner ? And if so how would i do this, or is it as simple as maybe a fuse for it is removed ? Thanks for any help

Wayne

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
If the spoiler is factory fitted and has its own light, the window light is deleted. Not sure if the wiring is there somewhere or not. If you have the window light, the spoiler was not factory, maybe dealer or 3rd party but again, unsure about the wiring sorry..

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
The car is a ute, it may not be called spouker i might not be describing it the best , its the moulded plastic spoiler looking things on the back of the cabin

Sure this would be standard on ss utes ?

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
The car is a ute, it may not be called spouker i might not be describing it the best , its the moulded plastic spoiler looking things on the back of the cabin

are you talking about the sailplane?

where is the third brake light?
Post a pic.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

that sounds like the standard high mount to me, above the rear window?

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
Thats right boys , high mount in that plastic thing , sail plane sounds about right , any idea how to reconnect it. ?

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Thats right boys , high mount in that plastic thing , sail plane sounds about right , any idea how to reconnect it. ?

didn't it unplug from a connector in the tray when you took it off?

mine did.

are 3 brakes lights a legal requirement?

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
No , i opened the panel in the tray , the wire to the roll bar which i removed was just spliced into the wire that was running into the direction of the tail lights, no connector in site.

Im not sure if its a legal requirement in WA but id prefer it worked anyway , dont need an excuse for a cop sniffing around the car

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
No ideas chaps? Thought thiswould be acommon one