Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Both keys will lock but neither will unlock

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
I'm on a bit of an adventure with my Adventra and Calais and about to tackle the Great Ocean Road, heading to Melbourne.

I have a strange problem with the Adventra. I have both keys with me and they will both lock the car remotely, but not unlock it. I can manually unlock the car and cop and earful of alarm while I get the key into the ignition.

It seems strange that both keys are exhibiting the same behaviour and I'm hesitant to do anything like disconnecting the battery until I get home. I also left my ODBII adapters on my desk in Canberra.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks, Nick

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Check the contact point (micro switch) on the remote it may be faulty OR the rubber cover that pushes on the switch when pressure applied may not be making sufficient contact. Although, it seems a very strange situation when both keys are malfunctioning. Seek out a reputable Locksmith that advertises programming of remote auto keys. They may be able to offer some suggestions or even better - a fix. Good luck.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
lock and unlock with the key to avoid the alarm going off.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Thanks for your responses.
I was using as a "manual" lock and unlock.

For the Googlers out there.
I managed to get one key working again by turning the ignition on and pressing the lock and unlock buttons, which brought it back to life.
The second key still will lock but not unlock, so I suspect the micro switch is stuffed. So I will probably replace that key head.