Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05 VZ executive wagon that won't start

DanRondeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ wagon
Hi All, This is my first post so sorry if I am repeating a common question but I have a 05 VZ executive wagon that won't start. I have just bought it knowing that it won't start and am trying to figure it out. The car turns over like it will start but it won't fire up. I am getting the Check drive train message. I have checked fuel supply and it is fine, I have checked that all six cylinders are getting spark and they are. I have disconnected the battery to reset the computer and when I re connect the car tries to start, gives a splutter and then wont start. The next thing I am going to do is a compression test. What is a average range that the compression should be? I have taken it to a local mechanic who plugged his hand held reader into it and he said no fault codes are coming up. When I turn on the ignition the system check says System OK. I would greatly appreciate any leeds or advise from the group. Cheers Dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi All, This is my first post so sorry if I am repeating a common question but I have a 05 VZ executive wagon that won't start. I have just bought it knowing that it won't start and am trying to figure it out. The car turns over like it will start but it won't fire up. I am getting the Check drive train message. I have checked fuel supply and it is fine, I have checked that all six cylinders are getting spark and they are. I have disconnected the battery to reset the computer and when I re connect the car tries to start, gives a splutter and then wont start. The next thing I am going to do is a compression test. What is a average range that the compression should be? I have taken it to a local mechanic who plugged his hand held reader into it and he said no fault codes are coming up. When I turn on the ignition the system check says System OK. I would greatly appreciate any leeds or advise from the group. Cheers Dan

id say fuel pump. can you hear it prime when you turn ignition on?

DanRondeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ wagon
id say fuel pump. can you hear it prime when you turn ignition on?

I have checked the little valve in the fuel line behind the plenum with the black plastic screw on top that looks like a Tyre valve and when I push in the valve fuel came out at pressure. So I presume that fuel is getting to the injectors.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
turn on ignition push accelerator to the floor hold down and try and start, you may have flooded engine, this will stop injectors and clear the cylinders it may even try to start,

DanRondeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ wagon
turn on ignition push accelerator to the floor hold down and try and start, you may have flooded engine, this will stop injectors and clear the cylinders it may even try to start,

Thanks I'll give it a go. Cheers

anneyuill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Hi Dan,
I had similar problem - Replaced faulty power train interface module, also found that the security code listed in my manual was wrong and wasn't picked up by the tech2, all sorted now and car back in the road

DanRondeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ wagon
Hi Dan,
I had similar problem - Replaced faulty power train interface module, also found that the security code listed in my manual was wrong and wasn't picked up by the tech2, all sorted now and car back in the road

Thanks for the input. of course I have a few questions How did you find out it was the power train interface module? Are they a plug and play unit? Thanks in advance.