Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coil pack brands and minor steering problem

DMack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I read through all the posts and only saw threads about diagnosing the problem.
I have a VZ SV6 and I'm fairly certain I have a faulty coil pack.

Car struggles and splutters when I lightly accelerate from 70kmh to 100kmh (I'm putting it down to a misfire)
I typically have to put the foot down for it to reach where I want it and after it's warm, it sounds like it's spluttering on idle

It's also chewing a ****-load of fuel and it's gone into limp mode twice in the last week and no fault codes have ever shown when I got it tested.

I found this on eBay
Holden Commodore VZ V6 Ignition Coil KIT LTR6AP 11 X 6 Coils X 6 INC GSKT | eBay

The price is obviously right, I've only ever heard of goss fuel pumps though, anyone know if they have a bad rap? Also is there anything else that could be causing the problem before I go ripping it apart?

That's my main issue, my second issue is I have a knock in the steering wheel, after I've turned a corner (left or right) it gives a single knock noise when I straighten the wheel, I can feel the knock through the steering as well, ideas?