Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

annoying vibration

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
Hi guys,
Got the most annoying vibration from my ss ute when around 2k revs, thought it was the exhaust touching something but it doesnt foul anywhere, it sounds as though there is a vinration coming from the sail plane on the pass side almost sounds like the rear window even , any ideas on this ? Cant feel any play in the sail plane, the tonneau cover does touch it sliggtly in the corners but not sure if this is the cause, please help is annoying the **** out of me.

Thanks
Wayne.

Tuffvz8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn bt1 vz ss
Hi guys,
Got the most annoying vibration from my ss ute when around 2k revs, thought it was the exhaust touching something but it doesnt foul anywhere, it sounds as though there is a vinration coming from the sail plane on the pass side almost sounds like the rear window even , any ideas on this ? Cant feel any play in the sail plane, the tonneau cover does touch it sliggtly in the corners but not sure if this is the cause, please help is annoying the **** out of me.

Thanks
Wayne.

My vz did the same thing.changed to billet engine mounts an dont have a problem now

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
Thanks for the replies, changed the engine mounts a week ago still the sane , how would i check the tailshaft dohnuts and centre baring mate ?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks for the replies, changed the engine mounts a week ago still the sane , how would i check the tailshaft dohnuts and centre baring mate ?

Was the vibration there before, or only after you changed the engine mounts.

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
Ill have to get the car up in the air the next few days , the noise was there before the mounts yes, it really sounds like a piece of heat shield touching , and only at around 2k rpm then silent after it, and only seems to be on a morning , ill look on thursday and check back, the exhaust is aftermarket btw.
Thanks

wayneVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute SC6
Update , got the car up on stands and went thru and looked everything over , all dohnuts and bearing bushes look in excellent conditon, i found one screw that the back of was touching the body , i thought i had found the issue but after cutting the screw out the vibration was still there, have run whiteout on numerous parts which where close to the exhaust/driveline to see if it gets rubbed off by something i have miss, no loose bolts anywhere, and even removed some tiny pebbles from behind fuel lines , i think this noise is going to send me insane