Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05 VZ R8 ABS problems - help

SYCO6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Newbie here. Have a 2005 VZ R8 Clubsport with continuous ABS issues.
For no apparent reason, the ABS fault comes up intermittently almost every time I drive it. Yes, I drive it hard - it's a V8, but the ABS only comes up when I take the power off. I can have my foot hard up it with no problems, but as soon as I lift the foot, I get the ABS fault.
Love this car - have spent thousands on it with new cam, retuned computer, Trans rebuilt and new diff. Have had rear wheel sensors replaced, but still getting this fault. Ready to sell the bloody thing because I'm sick of these issues. Would be my luck it'd be a simple fix though, but no one here has been able to track down the fault.
Any suggestions?
Dealers/franchises here in NZ, particularly South of christchurch are too damn lazy to research the problem.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Pull ya front wheels off, carefully remove the front sensor connectors from within the front hubs, check they are clean, not full of wet mud, dirt, Give the seal a nice smear of silicone grease ( cheap, just get it from a hardware, used to lubricate O-rings on household taps ) guaranteed to keep moisture out without destroying delicate seals, then check the rears, cheers

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I had a problem with ABS in my VX clubby, intermittent ABS and or traction light from time to time, progressively it got worse (more frequent) and even the aircon didn't work. If Conrod's suggestion doesn't work, it may be faulty ABS module, fairly common fault with a VT -VZ. In my case for my VX R8, I got a recon ABS module off ebay and it has fine since then.