Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Avalanche bushes

jimmy.85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV AVALANCHE
Has anyone replaced the front lower control arm bushes on an avalanche/ adventura? I believe it is a bit tricky not many people will want to do it. Pedders said they can do it for just over a grand but that's a bit expensive and they said it will still vibrate because of there bushes. Any ideas?

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
I'm surprised at the cost. I had all the front bushes replaced on my Adventra with SuperPro bushes for under a grand.
Did wonders for the steering, but did make it a bit harsh on sudden bumps.

Working on that.

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Solved the harshness by replacing the SuperPro lower inner bushes with fresh Holden originals (rubber/hydraulic fluid).
Expensive exercise - the suspension guys said they'd never had to put rubbers back in that position before, it was a bastard of a job, and they had to make a tool to do it.
Good result, though.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Solved the harshness by replacing the SuperPro lower inner bushes with fresh Holden originals (rubber/hydraulic fluid).
Expensive exercise - the suspension guys said they'd never had to put rubbers back in that position before, it was a bastard of a job, and they had to make a tool to do it.
Good result, though.

seems the standard response except for those who have tried without a workshop which included many french words ;)