Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Be careful of fake Genuine oil pressure switch on eBay

Jimmythegreek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Hi All,

I recently said that i bought a GENUINE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH SUIT HOLDEN VZ VE V6 CAPTIVA V6 RODEO V6 BRAND NEW on eBay. I told others on here they are great for the price, sorry I was very wrong.

Just found out even though they look exactly the same and are marked "made in Mexico" they are definitely fake.

I was not happy with the sellers answers to questions about the oil switch in regards to a different part number and his comments of he was just breaking even on the sale of his switches, that comment rang alarm bells.

After some research on the part number I found that they are from China. They are sold on Albia.com for $3.60 a piece per 100. They only last a few months and the 12 month warranty they are sold with is crap.

How to tell if fake, firstly they have a rubber O ring and they come in a plain plastic wrap with no markings.

How to tell the original, firstly they have a metal seal washer and they come marked with GMH logo and part number which matches the original factory one it it is still fitted.

The cheapest I could find an original one was for $100 from a Holden dealer, it is 3 times the price from the fake ones but ill last for years so it is worth it.

I hopes this helps some of you and regards from Jimmythegreek.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Picture?
Example listings?

Whilst warning is thanked, need more visual references to help prevent others going down same road

plane driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Sedan Alloytec
For what it's worth I picked up a genuine one five years ago from AMCAP in Welshpool (suburban Perth) .

oil pressure sender pt no 12621649 $63.68 inc gst.