Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ack help front end ping what is it?

soconfusedicamehere

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
So, this morning on a casual drive to the shops everything was fine, parked my car, went in, came out, went to leave and bang, something isnt right with my car. Its in the front end, sounds like the ping you get when you release a spring. Hit me with some ideas of what it could be because im at a loss now. Its not consistent, ive driven the car about 10kms since it happened, sometimes it happens when i turn, others it doesnt, sometimes when i break others it doesnt. Help.

Last edited:

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
When you stand back and look at the car front on, is it sitting level, or maybe One of the front sway bar links have let go ?

soconfusedicamehere

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
It appears to be level, and i thought of the links but cant see anything. Have changed the rotors and pads last week and read something about the tension clip on the break pads needing adjusting if they have been pacaged too tight, but surely that would have happened sooner then a week and a bit later right

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
It appears to be level, and i thought of the links but cant see anything. Have changed the rotors and pads last week and read something about the tension clip on the break pads needing adjusting if they have been pacaged too tight, but surely that would have happened sooner then a week and a bit later right

So now you are going to pull the wheels and check the brakes. Right!

soconfusedicamehere

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Easier way to explain the noise. Its as if something is being over extended, like when you wind things too far, PING and then back to start again, as it isnt consistent thru anything else, like its not every turn etc, its more like drive so far in general, ping, drve again, ping.