Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vz nightmare wont start please help me

scotty00

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
please help me I have a 05 vz v6 alloytec commodore lumina I have replaced fuel pump thinking that was my problem checked all fuses I have a constant beep coming from under my intake manifold and clicking sound wont turn over unless I take it out of park and put it back in park while the key is turned off only wont turn over if I do that with key on please pulling my hair out already spent 220 on fuel pump that I didn't need PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also ran scan tool I bought no codes came up aswell hope someone can be a life saver cheers does anyone know what the sounds from the manifold is thinkin this is my problem???????????????????

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
mate, can you put in dot form the symptoms. it might be easier for one of us to give you advice on the problem.

scotty00

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
my problems are 1 constant beep coming from under manifold when key is turned on to start 2 faulty fuel gauge warning comes up on dash contact dealer it says(new fuel pump) 3 wont turn over until I take it out of park and put it back in park only when key is off

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW

scotty00

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Thanks buddy I think now my stereo is the problem seeing how it is wired into park wire and I've pulled on it maybe car immobilized itself thinking stereo has been stolen been told vz will do that seeing I have aftermarket stereo in it I will check it out does anyone know which wire or what I need to do to check it cheers

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Thanks buddy I think now my stereo is the problem seeing how it is wired into park wire and I've pulled on it maybe car immobilized itself thinking stereo has been stolen been told vz will do that seeing I have aftermarket stereo in it I will check it out does anyone know which wire or what I need to do to check it cheers

your stereo is wired into the park wire? not the handbrake wire?

did your starting issues start after the stereo install?

if its wired to the park wire on the park/neutral switch, thats most probably the problem. snip the wire and hook it to your handbrake wire instead.

scotty00

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
your stereo is wired into the park wire? not the handbrake wire?

did your starting issues start after the stereo install?

if its wired to the park wire on the park/neutral switch, thats most probably the problem. snip the wire and hook it to your handbrake wire instead.

no stereo installed before I bought the car it ran fine it has been towed to shop let u all know the problem when I find out cheers everyone for trying to help me

scotty00

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
no stereo installed before I bought the car it ran fine it has been towed to shop let u all know the problem when I find out cheers everyone for trying to help me

well turn out to be bad wire behind fuse box inside so simple but very glad it was cheers