Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with AC and Super Chiller / Interchiller

TrekGTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 GTO
First I want to say Hello! I love my GTO I bought new in 05 and I planed on buying a VE Ute but the Pontiac ST was canceled for the States so they cost a fortune here after converted to LHD

Any one have a good Low Side or Suction AC Hose for RHD? I can get the LHD here in the States but I get a ton of inquires for Super Chillers on RHD cars and your AC is on the other side of the car. I weld this hoses to make the return from Super Chiller, here is an example of LHD.

20140928_210414_zps4bd7981a.jpg

On LHD this is the only mod to car or AC.

How about an AC parts diagram of the Hoses with LS1/LS2, again I can’t get them here in the States. There may even be a connection in the hose assembly on your cars since it is so long. If there is a connection I probably already have the fitting I need, I have to get all these CNC.

20150809_154322_zpshzrm8mmo.jpg

Super Chiller has been available for the VE since 2012, I had a problem with your Bumper Cover but fixed that buy moving the High Side Hose under the Chiller. I am trying to add the VF now but Super Charged SS is very scarce here, I was told they will only sell 10K SS in the States.

G8_HS_Adapter.jpg

Chiller.jpg

Again any help with pictures, diagram or actual used hose is much appreciated.

TrekGTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 GTO
Come on you don’t have a go to guy for Dealer Diagrams, no one, no help?

gendi

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SVZ Wagon
Ignore this misread your post

Last edited:

TrekGTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 GTO
Any one have a good Low Side or Suction AC Hose for RHD? I can get the LHD here in the States but I get a ton of inquires for Super Chillers on RHD cars and your AC is on the other side of the car. How about an AC parts diagram of the Hoses with LS1/LS2, again I can’t get them here in the States. There may even be a connection in the hose assembly on your cars since it is so long. If there is a connection I probably already have the fitting I need.

Here is the original GTO Interchiller from 09, these don’t fit RHD and the new kit is bumper mounted.

First%20Chiller-1_zpsxqqbtrdj.jpg

I would just need a connection for low side on RHD to support AU. Here is a LHD 05 GTO with a Maggie Kit.

GTO%20all%20hoses_zpsikprokjy.jpg

I have 4 order/inquires from AU now and none of them can answer my question or take pics for me, any info would be appreciated.

Active Interchiller
Forced Induction Interchiller
Original SUPER CHILLER Since 09

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
To Answer your question anyone with a VY/Z genuine Holden workshop CD will have very detailed diagrams of the A/C components.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Any one have a good Low Side or Suction AC Hose for RHD? I can get the LHD here in the States but I get a ton of inquires for Super Chillers on RHD cars and your AC is on the other side of the car. How about an AC parts diagram of the Hoses with LS1/LS2, again I can’t get them here in the States. There may even be a connection in the hose assembly on your cars since it is so long. If there is a connection I probably already have the fitting I need.

Here is the original GTO Interchiller from 09, these don’t fit RHD and the new kit is bumper mounted.

First%20Chiller-1_zpsxqqbtrdj.jpg

I would just need a connection for low side on RHD to support AU. Here is a LHD 05 GTO with a Maggie Kit.

GTO%20all%20hoses_zpsikprokjy.jpg

I have 4 order/inquires from AU now and none of them can answer my question or take pics for me, any info would be appreciated.

Active Interchiller
Forced Induction Interchiller
Original SUPER CHILLER Since 09

try a guy called crazy paul, do a google, he ships a lot of parts to the states etc
this may help
http://chevyssnation.com/showthread.php?t=1193
http://chevyssnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117
http://www.grrrr8.net/forumdisplay.php?f=117

TrekGTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 GTO
To Answer your question anyone with a VY/Z genuine Holden workshop CD will have very detailed diagrams of the A/C components.

Do you have a VY/Z genuine Holden workshop CD I can borrow? I looked on Ebay.AU and nothing came up. It would be interesting to see, I have never seen a genuine Holden service, I have Mitchell on Demand but it only covers US cars.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I have a CD that includes VZ Workshop Manual. Can you be a little more specific in exactly what it is that you require pictures of? I will certainly help you if I can.

TrekGTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 GTO
I have a CD that includes VZ Workshop Manual. Can you be a little more specific in exactly what it is that you require pictures of? I will certainly help you if I can.

Thank you, on our LHD GTO the Expansion Block is on the right side and so is the compressor so the suction hose is short.

20140928_210414_zps4bd7981a.jpg

On the RHD cars the LS1/LS2 compressor is on the right side but the Expansion Block is on the Left side so the suction hose/line must be very long. I want to find out if there is a connection mid way where I could use a bolt on adapter like on the VE/VF. Any factory splice would be good as we can make CNC adapters as needed.

VE

LowSide.jpg

Thanks again Dave

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
I also have the original GM DVD of the workshop manual, but cant see this in it?