Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Problem

shoieb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT 2006
Hi,
This is my first post, i tried looking but was not able to find similar topic. i was a Honda guy before, this is my first holden :surprise:
i am using this car for last 6 months and has brake serviced recently. in normal conditions the brake works fine completely, but the problem starts when there is some bump on the road while braking. so what happens is that if i am pressing the brake padal and the tire hit some bump on the road. i feel a hard feedback or knock on my foot/ brake pedal and the brake stops working. the only way to apply brake the car is that i lift the brake pedal back and press it again.
i am sure this is not normal. any suggestions please

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Sounds like a faulty ABS pump.

I had a Mitsi VR4 and when you put the ABS pump into diagnostic mode (via OBDII port) it did the same thing.

To be honest with you if it were me I'd be getting straight to the mechanic with that kind of problem, you may find that if you have to emergency brake that would kick the ABS in you may have no brakes in a similar way.

shoieb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT 2006
Actually i did that, and they give the clean slate. is there a specific test for abs pump which i can ask them to run to be sure ?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Actually i did that, and they give the clean slate. is there a specific test for abs pump which i can ask them to run to be sure ?

Take it to another mechanic if they say that they are ok and you are not happy.