Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check powertrain+ very slow acceleration Help!

chloe33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Calais
Hi, i have a 04 vz calais and in the last 3 months have been having a world of problems.
Just after some opinions.
The car started misfiring so i took it to the mechanic and he done a major service, serviced injectors, replaced vaccum hose and oil pressure switch, the car was fine for a few weeks and started missing again with a lack of acceleration so back to the mechanics he has diagnosed it and a fault with injector #4 so that got replaced but the car still had slow acceleration it just has hardly any power won't go past 40km/h he has diagnosed and has said that lots of codes have come up injector 4, coil 4 and a few others he is thinking that the ECU is faulty and needs replacing and that's why it keeps throwing so many different codes
Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi, i have a 04 vz calais and in the last 3 months have been having a world of problems.
Just after some opinions.
The car started misfiring so i took it to the mechanic and he done a major service, serviced injectors, replaced vaccum hose and oil pressure switch, the car was fine for a few weeks and started missing again with a lack of acceleration so back to the mechanics he has diagnosed it and a fault with injector #4 so that got replaced but the car still had slow acceleration it just has hardly any power won't go past 40km/h he has diagnosed and has said that lots of codes have come up injector 4, coil 4 and a few others he is thinking that the ECU is faulty and needs replacing and that's why it keeps throwing so many different codes
Any thoughts?
try changing the coil on number 4