Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz computer replacement faulty ecu bms pim

captaindrewski

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ss hsv enhanced
hey guys been having problems with my vz commodore along the way i discovered that replacement warrantied computers are available from a company called injektronics via repco for a fraction of the price holden will charge. although you will need a g scan (snap on tools scanner) to link computers although i think if you send the whole lot they could maybe do that as well? if i save just one life itd all be worth it....

JarBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
hey guys been having problems with my vz commodore along the way i discovered that replacement warrantied computers are available from a company called injektronics via repco for a fraction of the price holden will charge. although you will need a g scan (snap on tools scanner) to link computers although i think if you send the whole lot they could maybe do that as well? if i save just one life itd all be worth it....

This is correct, I had mine done a few months back. If you send everything in (Key,BCM,PIM,ECU) there is no need for a scan tool. It all comes back ready to plug and play.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
This is correct, I had mine done a few months back. If you send everything in (Key,BCM,PIM,ECU) there is no need for a scan tool. It all comes back ready to plug and play.

how much is it?

JarBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I had a few problems with mine so it was not just a straight swap but from memory I think its roughly $500-600 ready to go.
Which is a hell of a lot cheaper than any other place or option I came across.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I had a few problems with mine so it was not just a straight swap but from memory I think its roughly $500-600 ready to go.
Which is a hell of a lot cheaper than any other place or option I came across.

$500-$600 to link an ECU,BCM and PIM??!!

Wow.. thats really.. really expensive.

But I guess there isnt many people that can reset and relink these parts.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
$500-$600 to link an ECU,BCM and PIM??!!

Wow.. thats really.. really expensive.

But I guess there isnt many people that can reset and relink these parts.

You have to remember that by going through a company like repco or bursons you are also paying their mark up on the repair price

Captaindrewski if I were you I would cut out the middle man and contact Injectronics directly, tell them what your problem is, or contact them through their website.
You might be surprised how much cheaper it will be dealing with suppliers /repairers directly.

From Injectronics Website: Please contact our Technical Help Line on 1300 30 80 60 to clarify any requirements you may have..

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Ah yeah interesting. Guess it depends whether it is Repco or Injectronic that are providing the warranty to how much of a markup there is, since Im sure there would be some sort of an agreement there.

Never the less. Bit of a pain to have to pull all the critical security components out of a car and ship them off!. Takes one mishap with AusPost to cause a world of pain.

Iv done a huge amount of R&D on the VZ V6 (E55) ECU along with a VZ PIM and BCM and can successfully reset each module and relink them all without knowledge of the cars security details. Have been looking into a way of providing this programming over the web so that it can all be done from Home rather than shipping parts off. :beer chug:

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Reason I mentioned the markup is cause I know that it happens, I used to work at bursons and we used to mark up all buy-ins for customers to make a 40% profit on our original cost.
Used to deal with Injectronics regularly, always helpful on the phone, work was done quickly and we never had any problems/warranty comebacks with their work
Injectronics would be providing the warranty on all repairs also

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Last year I replaced my ECU with a US made Bosch unit supplied by a Brisbane based auto electrician. 1 year warranty. $990 fitted and linked to my VZ at my home. It was cheaper than Holden prices by about $250 at the time. The guy took about an hour on his laptop to link the new ECU to the car's computers etc. I had to surrender my old ECU assembly or pay an extra $200 from memory. Maybe all VZ ECUs are now reconditioned by Bosch USA or by aftermarket suppliers.

Nobody I spoke with offered Injectronics as a source of aftermarket ECU. Didn't speak to the right people obviously!

JayBro's price of $500 - $600 which included (?) the "reconditioned" replacement ECU linked to the owner's BCM etc plus some freight is not a bad price, for "ready to go" out of the box repairs. I don't know how they are reconditioned locally, as the ECU is a slab of substrate with the micro electronics attached. Maybe they source the microcircuit slab from Bosch USA, glue, wire bond and seal it onto the customer's heatsink assembly in Oz and send it back after the linking activities. Or maybe they import reconditioned ECU's from the USA, and link them here, and send them to the VZ owner. The web site implies that some VZ ECU repairs are done on site. I notice a Tech2 in one image.

Compared to my costs, it seems like a good deal to me if it comes out at $500-$600 plus freight.

Remanufacturing | Injectronics -

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Makes me giggle hearing "reconditioned". I mean they very may well be!
But, After I spent some good time cracking one open and seeing the crazy mess of glue in there and the pain it would be to dive any further, the only (cost effective) option is to use second hand or buy brand new.

I have noticed that the VZ V6 ecu is used in a variety of other US cars. And.. from what I understand.. with a bit of technical handy work.. can be reprogrammed with our Aussie operating systems and be on their way. Would be interesting to see what the cost of a new US ECU is or even buying bulk second hand units.

Depending on how nice the wrecker is.. and if he realizes that a VZ V6 ECU is worthless if it cant be reset (Hardest part), these can be sourced for between $80-$150 second hand. Guess it depends on what people think a fair price on resetting and reprogramming these devices, since it sounds like that is all injectronics is doing with supplied ECU,PIM,BCM and key.

If programming was available for ~$150 + shipping, I imagine this would be a major help to the VZ community since these VZ V6 ECU's seem to be dieing on a daily basis.. at least here in WA they are!