Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hole in exhaust

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
k now time to be serious, basically ive got this xforce 2.25 exhaust on my vz commodore which ive had for around 6 months and because the exhaust hangs so low on my car, its been scraping pretty much the whole time especially when ive got stockies on instead of my g8s. After getting the crack in my extractors welded the other week, the exhaust guy pointed out how badly damaged my exhaust was, well I had a look at it and it was pretty much flat on the bottom and their was a crack in it also which air was coming out of when my car was running thus making me lose some power and the exhaust not sounding as loud, anyway he was telling me that I need a new exhaust which would set me back $500, which would pretty much be a $500 loss as I cant really sell my old one and make some money back if its ####ed. Anyway I was wondering if there was a cheaper option like maybe replacing the section of the exhaust that is stuffed or even just fixing the crack so no air comes out? the exhaust I have is a twin and only half a metre or so of the exhaust is flat from the scraping, the exhaust guy told me it would cost more to fix the exhaust than it would be to buy a new one but I don't know.....does anyone have any ideas?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Mmmmmmmmmm. Oh dear.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I think the exhuast guy is trying to milk some money out of you, replacing damaged pipes wouldn't cost more than $500. If the mufflers are undamaged then I'd just get the damaged pipes cut out and get new pipes welded in. Go ask another place how much it'd cost to replace the damaged pipes, shouldn't be more than a couple hundred.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Getting the exhaust repaired is the cheapest option, but it will still hang low and it will still scrape and it will still crack if not done properly. The issue that I see is in the first sentence. Everything after Xforce is irrelevant.