Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Engine start button.

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hello Mate's

I wish to install Push start button on my commodore vz. I have installed the button on the central console, but where should i connect the cables to work perfectly. FYI push start button has 3 cable 1:- 12v 2:- starter 3:- negative. I have tried to connect the cables behind the key barrel and it worked but have a doubt my this is perfect location or no, or should i connect it to starter relay. Pls guide me

thanks

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
pointless anyway, you need to have the key in the barrel and turned to ignition before the button will work anyway since the BCM needs the signal from the keyhead before it will turn off the immobilisers/alarm and let you start the car.

So you have to put the key in, turn it ignition then press a button, might as well just finish turning the key the extra cm to start the car.

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
pointless anyway, you need to have the key in the barrel and turned to ignition before the button will work anyway since the BCM needs the signal from the keyhead before it will turn off the immobilisers/alarm and let you start the car.

So you have to put the key in, turn it ignition then press a button, might as well just finish turning the key the extra cm to start the car.

Thanks for the reply bro.. i know this but i have already installed the button and pulled all the wire so it is better to get it connected.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Well in that case behind the ignition barrel is the best place the have the wires connected, either solder them in place with heat-shrink over the top or crimp connectors with tape.

If you wire it in further down the loom and there is a wiring issue later for any reason its a lot faster to rectify.

Seen a few start buttons **** themselves and jam on and if its only behind the barrel its alot easier to remove etc.

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Well in that case behind the ignition barrel is the best place the have the wires connected, either solder them in place with heat-shrink over the top or crimp connectors with tape.

If you wire it in further down the loom and there is a wiring issue later for any reason its a lot faster to rectify.

Seen a few start buttons **** themselves and jam on and if its only behind the barrel its alot easier to remove etc.

I always hope my commodore to be keyless entry+push start.. but at the end i just drop my hope.. cos of this stupid immobiliser. Even i found some ways to install the aftermarket push start kit but at the end it is unsafe anyone can break the window and just drive it as they own it :( :( :(

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Why not just have the ignition fixed.

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
I always hope my commodore to be keyless entry+push start.. but at the end i just drop my hope.. cos of this stupid immobiliser. Even i found some ways to install the aftermarket push start kit but at the end it is unsafe anyone can break the window and just drive it as they own it :( :( :(
you can do it now with arduinos youtube it

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
you can do it now with arduinos youtube it

All that fken around and you cant be bothered turning a key to start a car?
I can remote start mine off the remote, but I still have to have the key in the ignition while driving.
Hate the newer cars the have "fob" and passive entry.
Where do you put the damn key while driving? Ive lost the key in the car more times than i can count. Stupid design, whats wrong with a nice slot to put your damn keys while driving.

fken technology.

-end rant

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
All that fken around and you cant be bothered turning a key to start a car?
I can remote start mine off the remote, but I still have to have the key in the ignition while driving.
Hate the newer cars the have "fob" and passive entry.
Where do you put the damn key while driving? Ive lost the key in the car more times than i can count. Stupid design, whats wrong with a nice slot to put your damn keys while driving.

fken technology.

-end rant
Yeah I want just a starter button, did we end up getting a guide? Or a wiring guide off the ignition barrel?

ALCMCQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Left my proximity key all night in a Lancer I once had - when I found it the next day it was flat as a tack.....must have been drained being in the car all night. Sometimes there can be too many gadgets in modern cars...