Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Calais Oil Pump

adelaidemechy

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6 Calais
I done the timing chains on my 2005 VZ V6 Calais. Replaced all the chain guides that came with the kit. Being the first time I done timing chains on a double over head cam engine the job took me a fair bit on time (I a qualified diesel fitter). I done the job and slowly over time the chains started to rattle. Finding some info on the net it states if one of the primary guides is replaced the oil pump needs to be overhauled. So I have to pull the front cover off again and replace the oil pump. Where can I find a new oil pump. Please help me.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I done the timing chains on my 2005 VZ V6 Calais. Replaced all the chain guides that came with the kit. Being the first time I done timing chains on a double over head cam engine the job took me a fair bit on time (I a qualified diesel fitter). I done the job and slowly over time the chains started to rattle. Finding some info on the net it states if one of the primary guides is replaced the oil pump needs to be overhauled. So I have to pull the front cover off again and replace the oil pump. Where can I find a new oil pump. Please help me.

I never understood that part ....they supply the guide but you cant replace it and a new one comes with the pump....cant even see why you cant replace it anyway but Im in the same boat and I have found with the pump.... 2 options. Mace (they have a section on this forum ) does one and it looks the same as the old factory one and made in the us and for 125 hard to go past
I have been talking to them and they sent me this picture of actual pump

factory pump

Looks identical to me
If you go factory around 250 retail or cheaper trade
My chain kit I got screwed on because the company (jrb on line DONT USE THEM) told me that what they could supply was all factory and that was total bullshit ...sent me a kit that I could have got 70 dollars cheaper if they told me it was a austral kit I wouldnt have bought from them ...COST ME MONEY TO SEND IT BACK. Sorry but I want factory chains.I dont claim to be a master mechanic but I do have a mechanical brain and a lot of experience and can see when I am not getting what I was told and if the company term me a backyard mechanic it doesnt give them the right to rip me off.

Last edited: