Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 motor stopped while driving

Carryne

Reaction score
Members Ride
06vz sv6
Hey guys

Was driving home yesterdayin my vz sv6 and my engine stopped, at the same time the service vehicles soon warning an abs light came on.for a while prior to this happening the car every now and then would start then stall, them just keep trying to turn over. I changed and cleaned the throttle body but still no difference, any suggestions as to what could be wrong cheers

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Can you get a DTC log from the car's computer with a scanner?

I notice Super Cheap in Mackay have a DTC reading service. Probably cheaper that a Holden dealer.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Looks like a dying battery that doesn't output enough voltage to keep the ECU running, hence the weird collection of warning messages.

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Executive 5.7 Gen3/VE2 Omega Wagon
I'm no machenic, but start with the obvious. Fuel, electrical or some kind of pump or vacuum a good place to start. Don't worry about the ABS. Replacment sensors in the hubs are a simple and easy fix. Although saying that, I know some rego check shop won't pass your car with an ABS warning light lit on the dash!

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I'm no machenic, but start with the obvious. Fuel, electrical or some kind of pump or vacuum a good place to start. Don't worry about the ABS. Replacment sensors in the hubs are a simple and easy fix. Although saying that, I know some rego check shop won't pass your car with an ABS warning light lit on the dash!

Well, there's a very little chance the ABS sensors died AND the engine shitted itself because there's no fuel or spark at the same time, unless the OP is very very unlucky :)