Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Errors and Trouble Code

AFCOranges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Just dropped a new H7A Alloytec into my VZ SV6 as the previous engine was seized. When I try to start the car I get the following errors

Very Low Fuel
Service Car Soon
SRS Airbag Error
Fuel Gauge Fault, contact dealer

I've also noticed that in the diagnostic menu it says there is 0L of fuel and No Fuel Data. There is AT LEAST 3/4 of a tank in the car.

There is also the trouble code

When I try to start the car nothing happens, the starter motor won't even turn

None of these errors were present before I removed the seized engine.

Any suggestions??

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check all connections, possible dealer fix for fuel gauge, did you get same model motor

AFCOranges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Yeah same motor, think it's a fuel sensor issue. Going to try and get the ECU scanned before I start pulling things apart

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
i had the same with mine after rebuilding the engine in mine its the ecu it does nt like being with out power for weeks start it by taking out the relay and shorting termals 87 and 30 i think

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Sounds like the infamous VZ V6 ECU failure strikes again!

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Executive 5.7 Gen3/VE2 Omega Wagon

Correct. It's a common issue with the ECU when you exchange engines. There's a system to get them going, but generally engine exchangers keep details secret. It's a ****, but get on the phone and find someone that can kick start brain of the motor and sync the new engine with the ECU. There's a sponsor above, Envyous Customs would be a great start.

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Executive 5.7 Gen3/VE2 Omega Wagon

Correct. It's a common issue with the ECU when you exchange engines. There's a system to get them going, but generally engine exchangers keep details secret. It's a ****, but get on the phone and find someone that can kick start brain of the motor and sync the new engine with the ECU. There's a sponsor above, Envyous Customs would be a great start.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

Completely correct there.. theres alot of 'mystery' behind fitting a second hand ECU. Iv started writting up a how-to document which should hopefully 'demystify' this issue!