Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz 15x7 tyre won't pop on bead

vs_boy94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
hey I have a set of vz crewman 15x7 stokos and my mate put 205/65/15 tyres on them but they won't pop onto the bead, Iv read some threads on these size rims some say they have run 205/6515 but majority run 225 or bigger, so my question is how could I get them onto the bead or should I just get wider tyres cheers

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
get someone that knows what theyre doing!!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Are you putting the air in the right side?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I run 205/65/15 on 15x7. I sometimes have prob beading tyres. My fix was removing the inner valve and using my compressor.

Or use a 14" bmx tube between rim n tyre, inflate tube to close up the gap. Then inflate car tyre to bead then deflate tyre n remove tube then inflate tyre again.

I do my own tyres on a changing maching I got from supercheap. Best $100 I spent in a while :).

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You can use a ratchet tie down around the middle of the tire around its circumference. Tighten it just enough that the lip of the tyre is touching the rim. Then try and pump them up.

I've never had any dramas, haven't needed to use the above method, but apparently works pretty well.

MorganVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
You can use a ratchet tie down around the middle of the tire around its circumference. Tighten it just enough that the lip of the tyre is touching the rim. Then try and pump them up.

I've never had any dramas, haven't needed to use the above method, but apparently works pretty well.
Works very well, just dont go snapping any ratchets near your face.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Easy as mate. Rub a little dishwashing liquid around the inside bead area of the TYRE, then stand the wheel upright, holding the top of the tyre use your foot and push like buggery on the back face of the rim working the inner bead into position, you might have trouble with the last bit so if you cant get it over the lip don't panic, just leave it and the air pressure will pop it on.
Now turn it round so the front of the wheel is facing you, once again a little dish washing liquid,and apply air pressure to inflate it, you might have to apply a little weight on various parts of the rim to close the gap momentarily to allow it to hold pressure, works each and every time. ( reason why I use dishwashing liquid is its slippery as **** and its easy to wash off after wheel / tyre assembly is done:blah blah:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
hey I have a set of vz crewman 15x7 stokos and my mate put 205/65/15 tyres on them but they won't pop onto the bead, Iv read some threads on these size rims some say they have run 205/6515 but majority run 225 or bigger, so my question is how could I get them onto the bead or should I just get wider tyres cheers

Your mate doesn't know what he is doing....All 3 sets of 15X7's I have here have 205/65X15 tyres fitted.....I actually suspect he is trying to inflate them with the valve core still in the valve

The way I get them to seat , fit the tyre and stand up right....Remove the valve core....Stand the wheel up, whilst inflating with direct air and hit the centre of the tyre with the elbow. Might need 2 or 3 hits, but it works for me everytime.