Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Mounts..

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
So after my recent service a few weeks ago Holden has told me that my engine mounts are weak and need replacing, I've asked for a price to replace and have been told $690.. Do you guys think this is too much or a normal price? Cheers

2006 V6 Thunder S Ute

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Not exactly sure, instead I'll tell you my story with engine mounts.

VT commodore, 3.8 ecotec. Got told would need new engine mounts to pass rego by holden dealership, got quoted $800.
Didnt really have that much back then, rang my home town mechanic (about 3 hours away). Told him the story and that the car didnt feel different. He said he would do it for $400 if I get the car to him. So I did.

Never been back to Holden for anything because of it.

My advice, get a second opinion (forums don't count imo).

1ntercept

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Executive 5.7 Gen3/VE2 Omega Wagon
It's not a terribly difficult job. How they (Holden) get 690 is fuggen rediculouse! Like Gaiter said, get some quotes from reputable mechenics and I'll bet my left testical you'll do better the above quote!

Hey mate, is the Brewery still open in Broadmedow? Haven't been there for years!

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
It's not a terribly difficult job. How they (Holden) get 690 is fuggen rediculouse! Like Gaiter said, get some quotes from reputable mechenics and I'll bet my left testical you'll do better the above quote!

Hey mate, is the Brewery still open in Broadmedow? Haven't been there for years!

And the worst thing, it's apprentices doing the work. Yet you can bet they charge you fully qualified mechanic labour rates.

Doesn't even need to be a reputable mechanic you ask. Just jump on the phone or go see a couple of mechanical shops and ask for a rough quote. They shouldn't need to look at the car. Then ask friends/family/colleagues who they use and recommend. The more leg work you do, the better the reward.