Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Bearing Hubs For VZ - Original OR After Market??

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Am thinking of changing both front bearing hubs on my Chevy 06 LTZ - V6 3.6L [ALLOYTEC] ...... (Holden Commodore VZ 06 - V6 3.6L [ALLOYTEC]), cuz the [GrrRr....GrrRr] sound :p has started to increase just a few weeks back, while the car is driven @ around 70KM or so

Am looking for,

1. (ABS RH Front Wheel Bearing Hub)
2. (ABS LH Front Wheel Bearing Hub)

Kindly suggest me, that I should buy the original one's or I should go for some after market one's which may be better then the original ones, if any? :\

I found this website, but am not sure which "Engine Type" to select and also if this vendor has a good name in the market or not
Allied Automotive - Buy Discounted Auto Spare Parts Online

Plz do share links, so it would be easy for me to order as I don't live in the AUS. Am ordering the bearing hubs from AUS cuz they're not available here :\

Cheers

Last edited:

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Firstly make sure it isn't cupping etc on your tyres making the noise, if it is a wheel bearing then these are ok A SET OF Front Wheel Bearing HUB Unit Holden Commodore VT II VX VY VZ With ABS | eBay just get someone in Australia to get them delivered to their address and the re post them on to you. Hope it helps.

Yes I checked...it's because of the front Wheel Bearing Hubs

M8 is it ok to buy from ebay? :\ I mean a lot of people have had trouble buying from eBay i.e. bad experience as in poor quality goods etc....and do you know this seller? have you bought anything from him? :\ I hope you don't mind me asking :unsure:

I can see that around "93 sold" but you may know more as you live there...so... :)

Cheers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Send these guys an email, they might deliver straight to you.
I had to replace mine last year and all the research I did suggested only replace with genuine parts.

Surplus Parts Warehouse

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Yes I checked...it's because of the front Wheel Bearing Hubs

M8 is it ok to buy from ebay? :\ I mean a lot of people have had trouble buying from eBay i.e. bad experience as in poor quality goods etc....and do you know this seller? have you bought anything from him? :\ I hope you don't mind me asking :unsure:

I can see that around "93 sold" but you may know more as you live there...so... :)

Cheers

Up to you mate, but I used those ones before a trip from Adelaide to Darwin and they have been fine for the last 18 months. Not saying they are as good as genuine, but I haven't had any trouble and cant tell the difference.

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Send these guys an email, they might deliver straight to you.
I had to replace mine last year and all the research I did suggested only replace with genuine parts.

Surplus Parts Warehouse

I came in contact with them...anndd I got a reply i.e.

"hello there Adi, sorry for the lengthy reply. thanks for your inquiry, regarding wheel bearing we have them available instock. however due to licensee agreement with holden, i am unable to sell outside of Australia. Very sorry."

I even asked them for the part number, picture and the weight of the product,

WEIGHT

"the product combined would only be a couple (2) kg"

PART #

"92115772
92115771"

PICTURE

12325755_982126661848133_204256830_o.jpg

However, how do I know that they'll fit into my car...I mean how can I be sure :\ and is it possible for someone to buy and ship it to me, if so, PM me so we can discuss it there

Cheers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Do you have Chevrolet dealers in your location? You should be able to buy directly from them.

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Do you have Chevrolet dealers in your location? You should be able to buy directly from them.

Actually there are two dealers who have good parts here, 1st is the GM itself and the other is TAKWA, GM is really very expensive on the other hand TAKWA doesn't have these parts and says they'll import it on request, you won't believe am saving a lot even after product cost + shipping cost....anyhow one of the m8 has agreed to help me :yahoo::rockon::yeah:

Will update this thread once I receive the goods...may be I'll even post a video on how to change em, DIY :)

Cheers

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I've used both genuine and aftermarket replacements without an issue
The only difference I could pick in them was the price