Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i fix powertrain warning light obd codes

BOA32

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS 3.8L V6 EXECUTIVE - 4SPEED AUTO - SEDAN
I recently purchased a "2006 VZ EXECUTIVE V6 3.6L DUAL FUEL SEDAN" and when running on LPG it randomly shows the "CHECK POWERTRAIN" warning light on dash and runs like a heap of **** until i pull over and turn the engine off,start it again then it runs fine for a while. It seems to happen mostly a few seconds after I take off from traffic lights. I put a OBD on it and its showing 3 codes;

P0300 - RANDOM/MULTIPLE MISFIRE DETECTED
P0443 - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM PURGE SOLENOID CIRCUIT
P1632 - IMMOBILISER TRANSPONDER RESPONSE DISTORTED

Can anybody please tell me what i need to replace to fix these codes and remove the POWERTRAIN warning? Should i replace the Purge Solenoid first or could this be another problem? Iv heard that this is a very common fault with the VZ V6 3.6L DUAL FUEL but nobody can tell me how to pinpoint the problem, everyone has told me to do the elimination process and replace the SPARK PLUGS - COIL PACKS - VACCUM LINES - MAF SENSOR - O2 SENSORS - INJECTORS - FUEL FILTER - CHANGE ECU - THROTTLE BODY. Im not that rich to replace bit by bit and then have it not be any of the above. Heres what iv tried so far- I changed Spark Plugs and Intake Gaskets 1000kms ago, Iv cleaned MAF Sensor and Throttle Body, Ive changed Fuel Filter, Ive put Injector Cleaner through the system, None of this has worked and im still getting the Faults and getting very frustrated as well. Iv added a picture of a Vaccum Solenoid Located on top of the engine which seems to make a ticking noise every now and then could this be the problem? I also found a thick oily sludge deposit inside my Air Intake Hoses coming from the Engine Breather Hose is this a major problem or could this just be a build up from over time?

Attachments

• CRACKED VACUUM LINES.jpg
    CRACKED VACUUM LINES.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3,141

BOA32

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS 3.8L V6 EXECUTIVE - 4SPEED AUTO - SEDAN
cheers mate it ended up being a faulty coil and also a faulty solenoid