Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 SV6 - 'Check Powertrain' caution

gam

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Howdy all. Was just driving my 2004 Holden SV6, and the 'Check Powertrain' caption came on :my: . Book says "it indicates an emission control fault. Although the vehicle may still be driveable, reduce speed blah blah blah, and get it checked by Holden".

Can't get it looked at until Monday (Today is Saturday).

Has anyone elso had this, does anyone know what it means, and if it is hard / time consuming on their part to fix????

Any Clues - please pass em on. :confused:

cheers
Gam

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Happened when i pulled my MAF out :)

Could be anything

Engine
o2's
MAF
Throttle Body.

GroopA

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Impulse VZ SV6
Had it happen to me too.
Was just a faulty O2 sensor which got replaced under warranty.
Didn't harm the car at all, just ran a little bit richer.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The check powertrain warning is nothing to do with the software issue, it indicates a fault with the engine management system & should be checked by a dealer asap.

Rob

H

HOTSV.6

Happened to me a couple of months ago. Turned out to be a faulty left bank O2 sensor that was replaced under warranty.

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
On my way home from work last night about 10 mins into my drive home... my car started beeping like crazy and "CHECK POWERTRAIN" caution came on... i see other people have had this and it turns out to be a faulty o2 sensor? I shall ring holden and get them to have i look. My sv6 has only done 22,000k's and i don't thrash it, mainly all highway driving... so i hardly think there would be something majorly wrong!

Last edited:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it means there is a fault with the cars engine management system & it needs to be checked.
as described in the owners handbook...

Rob

V

VZSV6

unplug the sensor disconnect the negative terminal for 10min replace the sensor back then reconnect the terminal..fixed