Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Range in VZs

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi All,

I saw a similar thread in the VY section and I wondered what sort of kms people were getting from a tank of petrol in a VZ. The best I've got so far is about 850kms of mostly country driving. I was wondering what sort of mileage others were getting and what the best range is that you can expect from a VZ.

plane driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Sedan Alloytec
There are so many variables that what one person will get is vastly different to another.
What speed are you doing, what is the road like - fairly flat or lots of hills, is the engine performing to specs, which way is the wind blowing and how fast, what is the loading of the vehicle?
I've had the fuel consumption show 6.8 litres per 100 kilometres after a drive of just under 200 kilometres at between 105 and 110 kilometres per hour.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I get about 400 - 450k's to a tank, mixture of town & short highway squirts. still driving on the factory tune though
The price of owning a V8 but I suppose
It's not my daily ride so, I just drive it and when it gets low I fill it up again and drive some more :rockon:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I get about 400-450 in the V6 Crewman.
Its a heavy car and under gunned engine.
Get around 500-650 on the highway.

D

Don123

850KM on a tank is very good. On a 250KM trip, my trip computer was showing around 7.5 litre per 100 Ks, but it was all on a HWY at around 100 to 110 KPH.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
On a 250KM trip, my trip computer was showing around 7.5 litre per 100 Ks
#### what the trip computer says what does it really get is what matters thoose trip computers seam to read all over the place fill it up note the ks and the litres put in then compare them at the next fill up.

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
My fuel consumption is shithouse. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it varies from 15 to low 20's per 100ks. I run on gas more than half the time and I haven't done any modifications yet so we'll see how much that changes. I mostly drive on a motorway to and from work, the rest is just around town.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi Stevey, one thing that made a difference for my fuel range was changing spark plugs. When I first got my VZ the fuel range was very average but my mechanic switched to bosch platinums and that made a difference. Others might have different suggestions though. 15 to 20 litres per 100ks seems high although if you are carrying heavy loads a lot that could explain things.

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
I'll get my mechanic to change the spark plugs when I have it services next. No idea how to do it myself so I'd better leave it to him. I carry a tool box but it's not very heavy, but I recently started running my tires at a higher psi so I'll see if that makes much of a difference too.