Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moding my V6 wagon from scratch

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Pure stock at the moment (besides the LPG), getting the parts together for a MCAI with K&N panel filter, then thinking of going with an Xforce catback. I'm totally new to all of this so as far as I know that's all I'd really need to do exhaust wise, if anything. Been on here a few days reading up on basic mods so I wouldn't have to ask dumb questions.

Also thinking of a diff change to 3.46 or 3.7 just because of how sluggish it can be, especially when I run it on LPG.

After the catback, MCAI, and diff change, I'll get it tuned. Am I missing anything or does that sound like a decent plan? Like I said I am new to all of this, but very keen to get some more power out of my wagon, or at least make it sound like it, haha.

wade ssz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ssz
If your going to get a tune then it would be nice to slap some cams in it to really make it worth your while. But thats getting up there with the $

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Forgot about extractors! I'm planning/hoping to tune it after the mods I mentioned, and I agree that cams would be nice, but you're right about the cost. Will have to think about it.

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Castle Hill Exhaust are offering me extractors, twin 100cpi hi flow cats and dual
2.25" cat back for $1850. I feel like that's not bad. Definitely waiting to do that last. Doing the MCAI this week, underdrive pulley next week

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Scored an airbox with a 70mm hole already added and a K&N panel filter at work for a case of piss. Gonna make a 90mm ram tube for the original hole to replace the original elbow tube an leave the second hole open without a tube, read somewhere you only really need the tube if you have the heat shroud? Keen to install it all tomorrow, this is the first mod for this car.