Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec flow of oil through oil filter

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Ok,

So long story short the oil filter cap was done up previously so tight it snapped the cap sending some shards of metal down the filter housing.
I want to know what is going to be the easiest way to clean these bits out. The picture shows where the metal shards went down (Picture is just for reference not my car), which was the hole on the edge of the housing not the central one where the filter seals over.

Where does this flow to? is it going to be easier to remove the housing and attempt to remove the shards aslong as they havent gone into the block? Or does it flow back down into the sump? Or fill it full of oil then drop it without starting it which could cause the shards to get stuck?

The car has no oil currently.

####ing terrible australia day

cheers

cBwWbJs.jpg

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
So after thinking I decided to remove the housing hoping that it hadn't made its way through into the block. ( Looks like Australia day wasnt too bad after all) The chunk was there sitting on the lip of the block waiting to be found. Very relieved!