Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz v6 vibration

Jodonnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
Hi all well im stuck with this problem hope someone out there has some ideas.

When driving at around 1500rpm there's vibration noise when I remove the drive belt the noise goes away I've replaced the belt tensioner belt idler bearing waterpump everthing else feels mint still making the noise anyone have a clue what causing this noise vibration im ready to set fire to this car and buy a ford lol

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Is it a noise or a vibration ?
Noise: What sort of noise, can you describe it. You say it goes away when you take the belt off, maybe it is the engine belt making noise.
Vibration: Check the basics first, engine and trans mounts and tailshaft donuts

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi all well im stuck with this problem hope someone out there has some ideas.

When driving at around 1500rpm there's vibration noise when I remove the drive belt the noise goes away I've replaced the belt tensioner belt idler bearing waterpump everthing else feels mint still making the noise anyone have a clue what causing this noise vibration im ready to set fire to this car and buy a ford lol

You have not mentioned harmonic balancer or air con compressor.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I was thinking of the balancer too, would definitely cause vibrations if on its way out.

Jodonnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
I was thinking of the balancer too, would definitely cause vibrations if on its way out.

Yeah have had balancer ac pump etc checked by mechanic even they at a loss as to what it could be the belts new aswell

Jodonnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
No haven't replaced engine mounts etc but the noise/vibration goes away when take the drive belt of ,it's kind of a droning sound and you can feel it thru the steering wheel and dash it starts at about 1500 rpm then goes away at 2100

Jodonnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
It's a droning sound and can feel vibration thru the steering and dash also has new belt it's got me stumped.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
It's a droning sound and can feel vibration thru the steering and dash also has new belt it's got me stumped.

If you can feel it through the steering wheel it could possibly be the power steering pump pulsating
Does the power steering pump make any noise when turning the steering wheel left to right while the car is stationary

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Check the Harmonic Balancer - they do deteriorate and disintegrate - over time resulting in vibrations and sometimes knocking noises.