Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt Stereo

gsdz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I have a 2006 Ute which I bought recently. The previous owner because they wanted to use their cell/smart phone hands free has had a Blaupunkt Stereo in has replaced the factory one with the Blaupunkt Helsinki 220BT which has blue tooth and I understand the original didn't hence for the change. But it means that the stereo buttons on the steering wheel can no longer be used. Personally, I am not worried about bluetooth or hands free so if I was to look for a stock Blaupunkt radio such as in this link, Blaupunkt Stereo for Holden | Trade Me , is it worth purchasing this type and having it put back in (the owner has the codes for it)?
I am a novice and not a mechanic etc so anything I want to do will mean having the vehicle taken to be done by an expert.
Or do I just live with what I have?
TIA.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
If you were in Australia I'd be able to see you mine for less than that...
Anyhow, I put in a SONY double DIN head unit with BT and do not regret it one bit now ( i was a little worried about aesthetics- I can still use the steering wheel buttons you just have to get the right wiring kit. The only thing you will loose is the LCD display on the dash will not show the FM ( or AM ) radio station - all other steering controls work on my VZ. Volume, next/previous stations etc, next audio track and all. Like I said, there are kits you buy with correct wiring. I got mine from ebay , guy who sells a lot of them, if you like I can search for the seller. You have to make sure you get the right install kit for the head unit that you buy

wade ssz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ssz
Put original back in so you have steering wheel controls and do the auxillary in modification to the blaupunkt... stays original, cost you $5 for an 3.5mm aux cable and can listen to ipod thats what i did.

gsdz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
Thank you. I am steering (pardon the pun) towards going back to original. I have only owned the vehicle two months and on the whole pretty happy with it. I am happy to listen to either the radio or cd so blue-tooth is not really of use to me (maybe I am too old-fashioned). Unfortunately I have sourced another couple of originals for about NZ$100 or so each. I have seen them a lot cheaper just not hugely common as such. But it is good to know that I can if I get it, go back to the original. I am starting to understand in this modern world that a radio is not just a radio anymore but is linked to all sorts of things in sync with the vehicle's computer.

Tro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive - VF SS
Have you got your stereo model number? to see if its compatible or supports remote buttons
Many can be connected up to the buttons easy enough, I did this with a new stereo a few months ago

Tro

gsdz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I probably have but is currently in the car and I will bring it inside tomorrow and note it here. But it does look like that it may not be compatible from what someone else told me

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
You say the last owner fitted a different stereo to get blue tooth which is funny because I have the factory Blaupunkt and factory Bluetooth in 05 Z.
The blue tooth is a separate module that just feeds into the wiring system of the radio but all factory.

gsdz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I am assuming that as he mentioned it when I picked up the vehicle and I still have the manual for the original radio/cd and it makes no mention of blue tooth in it but that does not matter now. Vehicle is being serviced today by Holden so I will have a talk to them today about it.

gsdz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
Just a quick note to let you know that after talking with the Holden mechanics when the Ute went for its service, I have decided to stick with the radio my Ute now has. I must say that I am really enjoying this vehicle. Suits me and my four legged companion just right.