Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ss service vehicle soon

kyriacandro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
About 2 months ago the service vehicle soon message popped up once and never saw it again till about a week ago popped up once again and hasn't come back since is this svs warning saying something is wrong with my ss i didn't take much notice a couple months ago as it dis appeared but seeing it again has made me wonder all though it does not continuesly do it

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
You'll get the service soon message after a fault gets registered in the ECU so everytime your getting that it's going into limp home mode like 15 mins running on low volts, you'll need to pull the error codes mate. Mine did that from time to time it was just a rough crank one day due to an engine mount and it set off all the usual commodore sensors lol but yeah just clear em and wait or pull the codes if you can. You know the bridge mode old school pin 6 and 7?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You will need a tech2 to read and clear the codes. There are some other tools around that will do the same job.
Your car has not necessarily gone into limp mode either, you would know if it had.

kyriacandro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Like i said it's only done it twice once about 2-4 months ago and once about 2 weeks ago now. Silly questing but is it still drivable ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
oil pressure sensor is on passenger side engine bank right at the back by the firewall can get to it from above need a thin walled long 27mm socket I think, it is pointing straight up.. 5 min job to change with right socket
and yes it is ok to drive if that's what it is...