Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute Brake Lights

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
Hey guys just found out today that my right rear break light is no longer working, but the tail lights still work. Just wondering if its difficult to replace or how much it would cost for someone to get it fixed

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Probably easily fixed by just replacing the globe. They do tend to blow with age. Globes are readily available from any Auto Parts Retailer etc.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I'm not sure how to gain access to the globes though

Remove the access panel in the back corner of the tray to get to the tail light. You can't miss it as it has a heap of phillips head screws holding it in place

R

Risky

Lol those access panels are a ton of fun with a Phillips head screwdriver & the nuts on the rear light are fun to get out.

Depending on the age of your rear lights, you might be better off buying a new set. Holden Parts still have them & they're cheap. They come with the wiring & bulbs so it's plug & play.

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
I can't believe I missed that access panel the first time I was looking :eek:. I'll open it up today and have a look

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
Ok so I opened the access panel and the 4 nuts holding the housing were pretty easy to get off but then it looks like someone has stuck it down with some sort of glue around the edges.. and i can unlock the brake light globe but can't remove it because the wires are holding it in and is screwed in between the reverse light and brake light.. Ill attach some photos to clarify

sorry about the size of the photos

H9vi7tg.jpg

jd0s49P.jpg

R

Risky

Pull the main plug out (where you opened the panel), undo the nuts & take the whole thing out. It's easier that way.

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
yeah i just took the 4 nuts out and pushed the tail light out