Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 Modifications

Aljgohuti

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Sv6 2004 Alloytech 190kw
Hey guys, I own a 05 VZ SSZ, I'm currently running a full exhaust system consisting of Pacemaker extractors, High flow cats and a custom catback (3-4")
I've also got an OTR with Mafless tune

I'm looking at fitting a cam soon, VCM11 was my choice, Will also be fitting a 3000 high stall

Obviously when I do the tune I don't want to have to redo it again .. So I'm curious as to what modifications I should do beforehand..

Was looking at a proflow intake manifold and the 102mm throttle body.. Now some have said this is too big but I'm just curious on others experiences ect? Can't find too much on it and I don't really see how it would be an issue? Will also be looking at 3.9's in the future after the other work.

Cheers.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Get the diff done first, it is a great bang for buck mod.

Aljgohuti

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Sv6 2004 Alloytech 190kw
I'll be getting the diff done mate, Not looking at bang for buck just now, Wanting that nice Cammed V8.
So main question was about the intake, Is it worthwhile ect? Diff won't be affected by the tune I get with the cam whereas these other modifications will which is why I wanna figure out what's best :)
Cheers.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Was looking at a proflow intake manifold and the 102mm throttle body.. Now some have said this is too big but I'm just curious? Can't find too much on it and I don't really see how it would be an issue?

From the research I have done on aftermarket manifolds, I would interpret the info simply as this :
Aftermarket manifolds with shorter intake runners than a standard style manifold will cause a loss of torque/power lower in the rev range. For just a cammed street engine they would not be the ideal choice. They are primarily designed to operate at higher rpm..... More suited to a purpose built engine with appropriate cam, heads for Burnout comps or Drag racing etc.

Plenty of people around making good power with a standard manifold. Standard manifold is supposed to be good for 500+ horsepower

Last edited:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Might as well get cnc'd heads at the same time if budget allows.