Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto button

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
On my auto gear selector the button is loose if you change gear the button pops out of place if i push it down and forward it seems to pop in is there a clip that is suposed to hold it in place i have a bit of paper in the back off it at the moment thats holding it in place but it seems there is a clip or some thing that should be there thanks vz crewman

R

Risky

You can buy new ones from Holden. They are not expensive.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a look on ebay and got a new one for $20 see if that fix the problem

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it a matter of removeing the scrw on the front of the shifter to get the old button out

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
If it's anything like the VT-VX, then you have to remove the centre console, remove the screw in the shifter, then you have to pull/push a pin out of the shifter linkage which is underneath the shifter if that makes sense, use a screwdriver or pair of pliers. You also have to press the button on top of the shifter down to get to it. Then just pull the whole shifter up and out.

There was a How To on here somewhere.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
So got the new button today looks excatly the same as the old one so there is nothing broken so what holds it in place

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
You have to remove the centre console, you'll see a hole at the button of the button assembly that a pin goes through. this is the same pin that stop the shiftier going from drive to reverse without pushing to button down.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
you have to remove the centre console, you'll see a hole at the button of the button assembly that a pin goes through. This is the same pin that stop the shiftier going from drive to reverse without pushing to button down.
sorry i still dont get it what holds the button in place on the rod on top of the spring

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
you have to remove the centre console, you'll see a hole at the button of the button assembly that a pin goes through. This is the same pin that stop the shiftier going from drive to reverse without pushing to button down.
sorry i still dont get it what hold the button to the rod above the spring