Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what make is the stock towbar of a vz crewman?

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if my towbar on my crewman is stock. It's a trailboss. Plus I want to know the towing limit of the towbar (not the car). The little plaque at the bottom of it damaged and can't read it.
Thanks Roy

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Mine is a Holden, part # 92something , ( I can't read the other numbers ) rated @ 2500kg.
I don't think they came with a towbar as standard, the brochure states accessory, with V8 manuals 1600kg, V6 auto 2100kg, V8 auto 2500kg.
So the previous owner must have put the higher rated bar on mine.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I thought Hayman Reese was the usual ones fitted to Holdens new.
That's what my VX has, also has the full towing package and heat shrouds, etc.

A 50mm tongue is usually 2100kg, 40mm tongue 1600kg, and all others, bar type, very little (750kg to 1200kg)

Last edited:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Take the vehicle to a reputable tow bar manufacturer/retailer. They should be able to advise you appropriately.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
My vy ss crewman, manual, has a 2500 weight load limit. Same as my mates vz ss z crewman.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
trailboss is made by Hayman Reese , always refer to owner's manual for the correct towing capacity of your model as the one towbar will fit many models v6 v8 auto manual , follow manufactures recommendation's when towing weather it be max speed or gear selection auto mode power or economy and if WDH is required to tow at max weight , Ball weight/loading when vehicle is loaded to max GVM .

Have the towbar inspected on a regular bases as bolts can and do work loose or stretch over time or if a second hand vehicle is purchased the pervious owner may have abused the towbar and overloaded it or dragged it up and down many driveways in the years before you .

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
just had a chance to check my VY/VZ Genuine Holden Workshop Manual and looked in the crew cab section

as Wombles mentioned crew cabs had a listing for 1600kg, 2100kg and 2500kg under the accessory fitment instructions that i have on the workshop manual. under the VY section 1600kg, 2100kg is listed so i check VZ and only 2500kg was listed.

With my genuine tow bar on my VY berlina it has weight info on a small sticker on the inside of the driver door jamb

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
I checked the handbook, and it says 2100 for my v6 auto. I just want to know if they chucked a cheap one on or they put the highest rated one on. I guess I'll have to get it checked out by a towbar shop

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
As I mentioned in the post above yours genuine towbars were 1600kg, 2100kg and 2500kg for crewman's

Could be the dealer the car was purchased from had one sitting around