Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight Problem on VZ

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec Sedan 2005
I can't turn on my headlights. Commodore VZ 2005 Executive

My parkers are working fine and so do my high beams. All globes are working when I turn on the high beams. However when I turn on the headlights, all I get is the parkers and nothing else.

I've checked the two headlight fuses and they look ok. Any ideas? My next trip is to an auto electrician...

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Check your low beam globes which are dual filament globes, Just because the highbeam works doesnt mean the lowbeam filament in the globe isnt blown.
Could also be a faulty lowbeam relay but i would check the globes first.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can't turn on my headlights. Commodore VZ 2005 Executive

My parkers are working fine and so do my high beams. All globes are working when I turn on the high beams. However when I turn on the headlights, all I get is the parkers and nothing else.

I've checked the two headlight fuses and they look ok. Any ideas? My next trip is to an auto electrician...

turned out to be both headlights....doh! just realised H4 Globes have a high and low filament with the low filament blown on both.What are the chances that both headlights went out at the same day?

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check your low beam globes which are dual filament globes, Just because the highbeam works doesnt mean the lowbeam filament in the globe isnt blown.
Could also be a faulty lowbeam relay but i would check the globes first.

Thanks mate, you were right. learning every day!

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
turned out to be both headlights....doh! just realised H4 Globes have a high and low filament with the low filament blown on both.What are the chances that both headlights went out at the same day?

Maybe one was already blown for a while and you didnt notice, plenty of people driving around with only one light working lol