Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator Modification

Grazzag

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ Wagon
Hi All
I have a question - I have looked on the forum but cant find any references!

Lots of recent? vehicles have a feature that I like ( I don't know what to call it so I will describe it)

At the moment when I push the indicator stalk gently the indicator light for the appropriate side flashes until the stalk is released!

On some more recent vehicles when the stalk is released the indicator continues to flash 3 or 4 times!

Could anybody tell me how to modify my 2007 SVZ Wagon so that this will happen?

I am electronic aware and I think I have worked out how to do it using two electronic timers but if there is a way using available part/parts perhaps from later or luxury models which could be just plugged in I would prefer to do it that way.

Cheers

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
It would be a lot easier just to engage the indicator to undertake your manoeuvre and once completed, simply disengage it. A lot easier than messing around with the vehicle electrics with a risk of introducing other 'problems'.

Grazzag

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ Wagon
Oh well - I have done the mod and its very useful!
I used two timers and an extra flasher unit.

I am surprised that nobody replied with information about how to do this mod using OEM parts.

Can anybody tell me why this forum is named (2004 - 2006)? when VZs were made until Sept 2007?
is there a difference between the 2006s and the 2007s?

Cheers

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The reason why no one had asked or done a write up is due to maybe you are the first.

Do a guide in the guide section showing tools, timers needed and what steps you had to do.

As far as build date on forum, VZ was made from
Production August 2004 – July 2006 (sedan)
August 2004 – August 2007 (wagon, utility)

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Oh well - I have done the mod and its very useful!
I used two timers and an extra flasher unit.

I am surprised that nobody replied with information about how to do this mod using OEM parts.

kind of a pointless mod in my opinion lol well done for getting it done though.

Grazzag

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ Wagon
Thanks for the replies guys! I thought I was alone for awhile!

Axemurderer - good name and good place you live (Albany)
I know that I don't have to justify myself but I used to have a car that had that feature and I found that it came in handy!
As for it being pointless - completely depends on your point of view,age,maturity ETC.
For me and most people with some common sense pointless could mean - foolishly low profile tyres,ridiculously fast and noisy vehicles,blue LEDs under cars,donuts,burnouts,sound systems that rattle your teeth,body kits,whale tails, - I could go on but like I said it depends on your point of view.

Cheers