Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

glove box wiring

crewmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman v6
I have a VZ Crewman and would like to know if I can tap into the blank unused boot lid switch in the glovebox to power a reversing camera screen.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
kind of akward to get to while driving isnt it?

the switch is only momentay, so you'd need to run a latching relay, or replace it with a regular on/off switch

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I have a VZ Crewman and would like to know if I can tap into the blank unused boot lid switch in the glovebox to power a reversing camera screen.

Why not just tap into the reverse light switch wiring or do you want to supply power to it from inside the vehicle and only turn it on when you want to use it ?
You could probably tap into the accessories socket wiring that goes to the centre console

Last edited:

crewmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman v6
thanks for the info, I have the camera fitted and wired to the reversing light. I'm going to buy the 2 gauge pod that fits on the dash and fit the screen into that so that wire would have been closer but the power to the assessory plug might be easier.