Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais Gremlins

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS 2005 Odyssey Mica
Can someone recommend a knowledgable mechanic in western Sydney area or surrounds to diagnose problems with my V6 Calais. It sporadically doesnt start.... no kicking sound at all, i take out the BCM fuse then 3 minutes later put it back in, on most occasions it starts or i repeat the process. Starting to annoy the hell out of me that i cant trust the car... but i love my Holdens.
Much appreciate peoples help as to what it may be as otherwise not sure how a mechanic will fix it.

Last edited:

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Does it just click once when you turn the key? Or nothing at all? Mine occasionally does that but I just wait a few seconds and try again and it's all good. Probably the starter motor?

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Steve, no click at all. The dash icons light up as normal but zero noise...

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any recommendations for mechanics in western Sydney? I want to take it this Saturday.

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
I go to T&R Mechanical Repairs on Hoxton Park road near Liverpool if that's anywhere near ya. Good guys. Not 100% sure if they're open Saturday but worth giving em a call.

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Steve, that's perfect, I live around the corner at West Hoxton. The main thing is that they are familiar with VZ Holdens and I don't go there and they are not familiar with a VZ and they have just worked on Camrys etc........

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
They do my VZ, they're putting on my mace manifold insulator soon when they do my 200K service. They should be fine.