Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed with Cross 8 link arms

MattyKJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III
Hi everyone, my mates Cross 8 has just been through a roady and the link arm rods have been pinched for being too long.

Can someone please let me know what the overall length is supposed to be if possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
Are you talking the sway bar links? If so, they are indeed longer on the AWD models....from factory. I've never heard of someone being knocked back for them being too long. Are they standard or has he raised the suspension or done anything to it ?

MattyKJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III
I think that they are mate. Previous owner hit a wombat and was replaced with an over the counter part. Found a few threads on here regarding it though and it seems that they're to be cu to 300mm from centre to centre

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Just checked the workshop manual and it does not specify any difference between 2WD or AWD models. You may need to ring Holden spares.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Link arms are AWD specific. I will measure my old factory ones and post up the length later today.

Yep..length is 300mm. AWD OEM differ from standard in that the ball joints are offset by 45 degrees, but this may not be a problem with the adjustable screw length aftermarket.

Last edited: