Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs

SVZKen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Commodore
Hi all,
Got the springs below to go on my 2006 VZ SVZ, The fronts are in with new shocks and bumpstops ect and it looks great, Guard is in line with the top of the tyre.
I am about to install the rears but when I took the old shock off and let it hang the new rear springs look to short comparing them to the original springs that are in it while in the car.
Will the cradle rise when I take the old spring off ?? If not how do I put these springs and get them to stay on.

KHRL-46HD Rear Springs
KHFL-47SL Front Springs

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Basically all you need to do is:
Pull the old shock & spring out, you will probably have to force the control arm down to remove the old spring, then position the new spring in place and lift the control arm up with a jack to hold the spring in place.
Bolt the new shock up to it's mounting points and you are done.

#The whole cradle doesn't actually move. It is only the control arms that move.
#As for the new spring looking smaller, it no doubt will be as it is going to lower the car about 30mm, I have never actually put them side to side to compare their height either, I just check that the correct part number is on the spring

Last edited:

SVZKen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Commodore
Ahhh.. That's how it's done, Thanks Mate I really appreciate it.